Friday, June 02, 2006

Who you know, not what you know......

As you may have noticed, i expressed my anger the DVLA recently. Seeing as they are, to all intents and purposes, inept.

Apart from one chap....

The bloke in question was rather helpful infact. Because h works in the medical administration office he is a little more clued up than the muppets i spoke to yesterday. They could be out performed by a cockerspaniels administrative skills....easily.

Anyway, i'm ranting.

The chap explained that as long as the big machine that goes 'bing' has eaten my request for a licence by the 15th, i can drive. Simple as. No long winded nonsense about how i was trapped within the system and owuld simply have to wait. He said it takes a while to process things, and they don;t have the right to extend my ban due to their slow administration.

Thats what i thought, i mearly needed it to be confirmed or else the joy of driving again might be hindered by an overwhelming snse of paranoia. And that wouldn't be pleasant.

So, while i don;t retract my prior rant (the DVLA phone monkeys are no less inept after my discovery) I do say a big thankyou to the chap i spoke to. He made my day a little better.

Just need to make sure that they process my application in time now.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home