Thursday, June 01, 2006

Victim of the system....

.....thats me. A fully paid up memebr in fact.

As i'm sure you know, driving is not a legal form of travel for me at the moment. A couple of years ago i was a very silly boy and proceeded, while full of cider and vodka, to neatly park my car next to two other cars. At 65 miles per hour.

Obviously this mean tcourt and fines and many wagged fingers and one very learnt lesson. The court gave me an 18 month ban, which given the circumstances was unfathomably good of them. It should have been a lot more. The fact i was, up until that point, a good boy seemed to go a long way.

Anyway, move ofrward 18 months and here i am. Now rather excited that its a mere two weeks till i can over-cook my right arm in Bristols sunny sunny sun. I've bought myself a cool-as-you-like retro Beemer, new wheels for it, got my CD's made, got the stereo...i've paid my debt and all is well.

Well, actually....no it frigging isnt.

I spoke to the DVLA today only to find out that i need to have a medical as a stipulation to the return of my licence. Why i don't know. I'm a 23 year old who drinks once a week if that and doesn;t smoke and as far as i can tell, has no major defaults. So why?

I was told that this medical will also cost me between £100-£150? Fuck right off! Lets have a look at what i have paid already....

*£570 court fine (i deserved that though)
*£175 for course to reduce ban.
*£75 to have have the DVLA send me my old licence back.

And now this? It takes the piss. I broke the law, i accept that. But it's not like i beat a group of children to death with a pointy stick is it? So why am i being treated that way?

The woman at the DVLA insisted i was told this at court. Well, sweetheart, if i was told this i would have made a plan that involved more than TWO FUCKING WEEKS! Dumb ass. No one told me. I have been planning this sine the day i lost it, and god dammit no one told me any such thing. I hate 'the system' all it does is function to serve itself without any thought or consideration going to the those that it serves.

All of this crap is set to delay my licence by another fortnight. Which is fucking rediculous. My long suffering mrs has got to take me to work for longer, costing us more money in petrol. Its a joke.

But hey, thats 'the system'. What do they care?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home